Marcel de Vries
You build it, you run it!" It is a great DevOps tagline, but how can you make this work in practice? In order to "run" the software you need to have insights in how your application is doing in production. You need insights into the performance, usage, infrastructure utilization and new releases that are deployed and their impact.
In this session, Marcel will provide you with practical architectural principles that will help you:
- Separate deployment from release so you can deliver your software any time you want, without downtime
- Get telemetry and insights on product usage, Performance and infrastructure utilization
In DevOps you also strive for autonomy. You just don't want dependencies on other teams. How do you design your system to be independent of other system, while still integrating?
Marcel will talk about how to gather telemetry and performance data, deployment techniques, and development techniques that prevent downtime. After this talk, you will have new insights into how to build a system that you can build and run without losing sleep when you are on pager duty.
You will learn:
- Why we do the things we do
- To rethink current approaches and consider new ways of achieving goals
- Modern deployment techniques